ERCOT MARKET SUMMIT
25 - 27 Feb, 2019 from 9:00 AM to 5:45 PM
W Austin, Austin, TX , United States
ERCOT has long enjoyed the reputation of being an extremely liquid market, but the long-term view needed to strategically shape portfolios and profit there has become decidedly cloudy. The closure of coal plants suggests resource adequacy issues will emerge, but power pricing from the summer of 2018 did not reach levels to trigger new builds of conventional generation. At the same time, an enormous wave of solar is on the horizon. The growing movement to co-locate storage with wind and solar PV is changing perceptions of what is necessary to assure reliability. Add in the impacts of growing transmission constraints and a burgeoning credit crisis in the retail market, the one clear thing is that companies must explore how these fundamental changes will drive development and risk mitigation strategies to ensure profitability.
ERCOT Market Summit 2019 will examine potential new market rules and economic drivers, while bringing policy-makers together with utility, solar, wind, IPP and other executives to explore the potential solutions and opportunities. They will examine the potential impacts of an anticipated upsurge in solar capacity not only on power prices but also resource adequacy, and how the changing generation mix will drive opportunities for storage, DR and aggregated DERs to meet market needs.
A Who’s Who of Key Players Address:
- Resource adequacy, asset valuation and portfolio strategies in light of coal plant retirements and the coming enormous solar buildout
- How collateral calls are creating a credit crisis and threatening REPs and the retail market
- End-user, public power, and co-op executives needs for power development and delivery in Texas
- New strategies for managing transmission congestion, basis and commodity risks
- How adding storage to wind & PV solar can drastically increase plant profitability in ERCOT